With only 3 ingredients, this Family Favorite Toffee is so simple to make and absolutely delicious! It’s so good, you may not want to share!
- 2 sticks butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sugar
- Chopped almonds or pecans ((optional))
- Grated Hershey bar ((large size) or milk chocolate chips (about 1 to 1 1/2 cups))
- Butter two 9-inch pie plates (for a thicker toffee use one 10-inch pie plate).
- In a heavy duty saucepan, add butter, water and sugar. Cook on HIGH heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil (it will start to become frothy). Continue stirring until mixture turns the light brown (about the color of a paper lunch sack).
- Remove from heat immediately and pour into prepared pie plate(s).
- Sprinkle with grated Hershey bar or chocolate chips. Let set for a couple of minutes, then spread with an off-set spatula. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
- Category: Desserts