- 1/2 pound of dry spaghetti, cooked
- 1 pound regular sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (15 oz.) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese *see note
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large pot, boil some water. Add pasta and cook until al dente, turn off the heat and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large pan, cook sausage and onion together, stirring often, cook until sausage is browned and cooked all the way through. Add the minced garlic, and cook on low for about one minute.
- In a bowl or large measuring glass, whisk together the cornstarch and broth until completely dissolved. Add the broth mixture to the cooked sausage. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring often, for a few minutes until sauce is thickened. Add the can of tomatoes and mix until combined. Sprinkle in the Parmesan cheese, chopped basil and red pepper flakes and stir.
- Add the drained pasta and mix together, let it simmer for a few minutes so the noodles can absorb some of the liquid. Garnish with the more basil and parmesan. Serve warm. Enjoy!
- I have made this using freshly grated Parmesan cheese, the stuff from the can and the pre-shredded kind in a bag and all three of them work and taste delicious.