These Flourless Peanut Butter Blossoms are the perfect combination of soft, chewy, and peanut butter goodness. They are a must-make cookie for Christmas and any time of the year.
I know you might be wondering why I’m posting another cookie recipe after 12 straight days of sweets and treats, but I have my reasons. I really wanted these Flourless Peanut Butter Blossoms to be part of this year’s 12 Days of Sugar, but there were just too many others that had to be shared for Christmas. So I decided to wait until the new year to post these cookies. But then I got thinking that peanut butter blossoms are kind of a classic cookie at Christmas and seem to reign pretty high in the cookie world. I always see them on homemade cookie platters, at cookie exchanges, holiday parties, etc. Plus, I wanted to post a delicious cookie that all you gluten-free readers could enjoy this holiday season.
After several different batches, I finally got these just the way I wanted them. Perfectly peanut buttery, not overly sweet, soft and a slight crispness on the edges . . . they’re delicious! My boys were super happy to oblige when I kept asking them to taste yet another batch.
You only need a few simple ingredients for these cookies:
- Creamy peanut butter – (use something like Jif or Skippy, do not use natural peanut butter)
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Hershey’s Kisses
A few tips for making these cookies:
- This only makes about 18 cookies so you may want to consider doubling the recipe.
- You don’t have to chill the dough, but I like to for just 30 minutes. I think this helps keep the cookies from spreading too much.
- When these come out of the oven they will not have flattened much at all, but as soon as you gently press the unwrapped Hershey’s kiss into the top, they will flatten slightly and you will get those beautiful crackly tops.
- Make sure you have your Hershey’s kisses unwrapped and ready to go because you need to put them on top of the cookies as soon as they come out of the oven.
CAN I FREEZE THESE FLOURLESS PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS?
Yes you can, in fact I have a Ziplock bag of them in my freezer right now. You can freeze them after they’ve been baked or you can freeze the dough balls. If you do freeze them, the Hershey’s kiss may get the white film on them from being exposed to such a cold temperature, but they will be just fine to eat still.
If you’re looking for the perfect, delicious, gluten free cookie to make this is it!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Extra sugar for rolling (about 1/4 cup)
- Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped (about 16-18)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and salt. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Chill for 30 minutes (if you have time, if not it’s ok).
- Using a small cookie scoop or a spoon, scoop dough into balls and roll in extra granulated sugar (I get about 16 to 18 out of a batch).
- Place balls of dough on prepared cookie sheet, leaving an inch of space in between each cookie.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes. As soon as they come out of the oven, gently press a Hershey’s kiss into the top. You want the cookie to crack on the sides, so don’t panic when they to. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 to 3 minutes.
Adapted from: Allrecipes