These Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are so simple to make, require basic pantry staples, are gluten free and are completely irresistible!
When this whole pandemic started and people were panic-buying and store shelves were empty, the only thing I was worried about running out of was flour. I already bake A LOT, but I knew being stuck inside I’d probably be baking even more than normal.
I had plenty of butter and chocolate chips, but my flour supply was running a little low. I tend to worry a bit when the butter supply in my freezer falls below 10 pounds and when I don’t have at least 8 bags Guittard Chocolate chips in my storage room. Maybe I should remember to add flour to that “worry” list (haha).
Thankfully, I knew that if I ran out of flour before I could find any, I would be able to make these Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies (phew, that’s a mouthful to say).
These cookies are so, so good.
They don’t require any crazy ingredients and if you’re out of flour, that’s ok because they don’t need any. They’re gluten free and completely fabulous!
- Peanut butter
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Old fashioned oats
- Chocolate chips
How to Make These Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter, sugars, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each) onto prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from A Kitchen Addiction