- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (or semi sweet if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or with an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter, sugars, baking soda, and salt. Beat in egg and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Drop by heaping tablespoons (about 1 1/2 tablespoons each) onto prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges just start to turn golden brown. The centers will look under-baked but will firm as the cookies cool.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Category: Cookies