This Fresh Corn & Avocado Salad is a fresh and delicious side dish perfect for summer BBQs. It definitely screams summer and is going to become a favorite!
Have you ever made something that is so good you just can’t get enough of it?
That is how I am feeling about this fresh corn and avocado salad. I’ve made it three times in the last five days . . .that is no exaggeration! I really can’t get enough of it.
I took it to a party Thursday night and we all went berserk over it. I made it again Sunday night for my husband’s birthday dinner and my mom and mother-in-law couldn’t get enough of it. In between bites they managed to mumble things like, “oh my gosh, this is sooo good”, “I could make a meal out of this”, “I need this recipe”, etc., it was so funny to watch them eat it. They were in total salad heaven. I knew they would love it.
I couldn’t wait to share this with you, so I made it again Monday, took some pictures and then I’m pretty sure I ate almost half the bowl . . . . again, not exaggerating! I love everything about this salad, especially the fresh corn and avocado. Funny thing is, I hated avocados until just a few years ago. I don’t know what happened, maybe I just finally got smart. I can’t get enough of them, they are so delicious. All those years I missed out on them . . . what was I thinking?
This salad is so easy to throw together and it makes the perfect side for any meal.Print
Fresh Corn & Avocado Salad
Delicious fresh corn mixed together with avocado, tomato, feta, cilantro and cucumber then tossed in a simple, light dressing. A yummy, refreshing side dish for any meal.
- 5 ears corn (, shucked and corn silks removed)
- 10– oz container cherry tomatoes (, halved)
- 3 avocados (, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 3.5– oz container feta cheese
- ½ large cucumber (, peeled and diced)
- ½ cup cilantro (, chopped)
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt (, or more to taste)
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
- Place ears of corn in the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Using tongs, remove immediately from water and set aside to cool about 5 minutes.
- When corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels off using a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl combine corn, cherry tomatoes, avocados, feta cheese, cucumber and cilantro. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small glass jar, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper and shake up. Just before serving, pour over salad and gently toss together. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Salads
Recipe Source: Adapted from Yummy Healthy Easy
I cannot wait to try this!!
It’s sooo yummy Jana. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Lori West says
I have made this salad over and over. Whenever I take it anywhere, everyone always wants the recipe! It is so, so good!!!