This Fritos Chili Cream Cheese Dip is unbelievably good! You can throw this together in no time at all! It’s perfect for game day, holiday parties or just when you’re needing something tasty!
The Super Bowl is just two days away so instead of my regular weekly menu, I had to share this insanely good Fritos Chili Cream Cheese Dip today and also remind everyone of a few other favorites here on my site that would be delicious to have at your Super Bowl Party.
I’ve made this dip three times in the last couple weeks and none of us are tired of it.
It starts with a delicious cream cheese layer with some sour cream and dry ranch dressing mixed in. Then a layer of canned chili and green chilies mixed together. Finally it’s finished off with a layer of grated cheese on top.
It really is so simple to make and requires just 6 ingredients, all of which you might already have sitting at home. I love Nalley’s canned chili so that’s what I use, but use whatever brand you love. This dip honestly ranks right up there on the list of easiest dips ever!
Here is what you’ll need to make this dip:
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- dry ranch dressing (or dip) mix
- canned chili
- green chilis
- grated cheese
While this dip is good with tortilla chips, I feel like using anything but Fritos would be two-timing it. After all, it is called “Fritos” chili cream cheese. But seriously, trust me on this one, Frito Scoops are THE best chips to use with this dip.
CAN I MAKE THIS AHEAD OF TIME?
Yes, of course! Keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to throw it in the oven and then follow the cooking instructions.
IS THIS REALLY SPICY?
No, not really. The only bit of heat comes from the can of green chilies. If you want more heat, you could use hot green chilies instead of mild. You could also add in some finely diced jalapeño and/or use a can of hot chili.
You’re going to love this and any/all of the appetizers and treats I’ve listed below.
OTHER SUPER BOWL PARTY FOOD IDEAS. . .
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In small bowl, mix cream cheese, sour cream and dip until smooth (I use a hand mixer). Spread into the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch ovenproof skillet or baking dish.
- In the same bowl (no need to dirty another one), mix chili and green chiles, stir to combine. Spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes, remove from oven and top with grated cheese. Return to oven and continue cooking until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly (5 to 10 minutes) .
- Top with green onions, if desired. Serve with Frito Scoops.
Recipe Source: Tablespoon.com