A simple, festive delicious pie for those holiday parties.
- 2 cups crushed Oreo sandwich cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 (0.25-ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 (4-ounce) bars white chocolate, chopped
- 2 pkgs. (8-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups finely chopped soft peppermint candies or candy canes, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the Oreo crumbs and melted butter, stir until well combined and then press into a lightly buttered 9-inch springform pan. Put in the freezer while you’re making the filling.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together 6 tablespoons water and gelatin. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, whisking frequently. Remove from heat, and whisk in white chocolate until melted and smooth. (This mixture will be very thick and “goopy”.) Let cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium-high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. (**At this point I like to switch to my whisk attachment and use that.) Add cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extracts, and mix well combined (mixture will become thicker, like frosting) Beat in white chocolate mixture until well combined. Fold in 1½ cups chopped peppermint.
- Spread mixture into prepared crust, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup peppermint. Cover with plastic wrap, and freeze until firm, 8 to 12 hours.
- To serve, let thaw in refrigerator for 1 hour or serve straight from the freezer for a firmer pie. Remove sides of pan before slicing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 8+ hours chill time
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American