Froot Loop Rice Krispie Treats are a delicious and fun twist on the classic Rice Krispie Treats. Loaded with both Fruit Loops and Rice Krispies . . . kids and adults love them! So simple to make and so fun to eat!
It’s already Monday and normally I would say Mondays call for chocolate, but today I’m shaking things up a bit and saying this particular Monday is calling for Fruit Loop Rice Krispie Treats.
We have finally had more than two days in a row of sunshine so I’ve been in a springy/summery kind of mood. These bars just scream spring and summer to me. They’re colorful and fun to look at and even better to eat.
These are crazy delicious. Thankfully right after I made these, my husband and I were headed out for the night, otherwise I think I would have eaten the entire pan.
I’m telling you, these are not just for kids. Adults love them too!
You’re going to love these.
HOW SHOULD I STORE THESE FROOT LOOP RICE KRISPIE TREATS?
Assuming, these are actually some left, I either cover the pan with saran wrap and make sure it’s sealed nicely or I put them in a Ziploc bag. They will stay soft for a couple days.
CAN I MAKE THESE IN A 9X13 PAN?
You can make these the way the recipe is written and press them into 9×13 pan but they won’t be as thick. If you want them thick and want to use a 9×13 pan so you get more out of the batch, then increase the recipe by 1/2.
SIMILAR RECIPES YOU MAY LIKE:
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups Froot Loops Cereal
- 3 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
- Lightly butter a 9×9 pan and set aside.
- In a large pot melt the butter over low heat. Once butter is melted add the 6 cups mini marshmallows and put a lid on the pan for a couple minutes. Remove lid and stir until marshmallows are mostly melted (it's ok if there are still a few small lumps).
- Remove from heat and stir in Froot Loops and Rice Krispies until almost coated. Toss in the extra 1 cup marshmallows (if using) and stir until combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and press in evenly. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.