After letting my brand new donut pan sit in my cupboard for months, I am finally putting it to good use. In fact, I decided that one donut pan wasn’t enough, so I ordered me a second pan . . .the more the merrier, right?
It all started with these donuts and next these glazed chocolate donuts, and my list of flavors to try keeps growing, I’ll share more later. They are absolutely fabulous and again, so simple to make. I’m not sure it’s such a good thing that baked donuts are such a breeze to make . . . . it only means my running shoes are going to get a lot more miles on them. I saw these chocolate glazed donuts over at Buns In My Oven and couldn’t stop drooling. Any of Karly’s recipes that I’ve tried are fabulous (and so are her pictures), so I knew these donuts would be delicious.
Just look at these bad boys. Absolute chocolate donut perfection! So quick and simple to make, you really, really should try them.Print
- For the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips ((optional))
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 6 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- To make the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, and baking soda.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vanilla, egg, sour cream, milk, and oil.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.
- Spoon or pipe batter into a greased donut pan. (I like to put the batter in a ziplock bag and then snip a whole in the end of the bag, so easy to pipe it in!)
- Bake for 8 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan before glazing.
- To make the glaze:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, whisk together the sugar, milk, vanilla until well combined. Remove from the heat.
- Dunk the donuts in the glaze to fully coat and place on a wire rack to set.
Recipe Source: Buns In My Oven