Golden Oreo Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats are a spin on the classic Rice Krispie Treats. Packed with Golden Oreos and sprinkles they will become a favorite.
When it comes to chocolate in my life, it almost always trumps any and all desserts. But when it comes to Oreos, I would choose a Golden Oreo over a regular Oreo, hands down. Kinda weird huh? Especially considering the fact that I am a major chocoholic, as in I have to have it every day, even if it’s just a small piece.
These Cookies & Cream Blondies always get rave reviews anytime anyone has made them. The other day I saw a package of Double Stuf Golden Oreos sitting on my shelf and I was like “duh, why haven’t I tossed these into Rice Krispie Treats?” So I did and it was kinda the best idea ever. Of course sprinkles make everything better (and cuter) so I added those too and these Golden Oreo Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats happened. They are good. Really, really good. The 11-year old primary girls I teach would definitely agree. They devoured the plate I took yesterday to church (they’re smart girls!).Gooey, marshmallowy, loaded with Golden Oreos and sprinkles . . . these are definitely 100% kid and adult approved. I mean who doesn’t love Rice Krispie Treats, especially when they’re made the right way and are soft and gooey. I love the sprinkles, they just make everything look happy?!I have always loved Rice Krispie Treats, have you? Don’t you just want one right now? You should knock yourself out and make a batch ASAP. You’ll be done making them in no time at all and then you can eat them to your little heart’s content♡.Print
Gooey Rice Krispie treats loaded with golden oreos, sprinkles and extra marshmallows! These are just crazy good!
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 60 large marshmallows or 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 20 Double Stuf Golden Oreos (, chopped coarsely)
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Extra sprinkles for sprinkling
- In large saucepan add butter and marshmallows, cook on low heat, stirring occasionally until marshmallows are almost melted (you still want a few marshmallows that aren’t quite melted all the way). Remove from heat.
- Add cereal, 1 cup mini marshmallows, chopped Oreos and sprinkles, mix well.
- Press onto bottom of 9×13-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with extras sprinkles if desired.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker