If you haven’t already tried this stuff, you need to come out of the cave you’re living in and make it.
Seriously, this is some of the most insanely, good stuff you’ll ever eat.
I feel like big red lights should be flashing and a voice should be calling out “warning, warning,” when you make this stuff. But since that doesn’t happen, I will be the one to warn you that this stuff is extremely, and I mean extremely, addictive. I have zero control when it comes to this stuff, I can’t stop eating it. I’ve even found myself eating it for breakfast before, which by the way is totally ok because it’s cereal, right?!
I love making this for family vacations, football games, gifts, parties . . . . it pretty much falls into the category of “good for any occasion.”
Last summer when we were at the beach, our friends brought a bag of it down to the beach one day, and their son was calling it “heaven in a bag, “ that pretty much sums it up.
This stuff is crazy, crazy good.
- 1 box Rice Chex ((or corn))
- 1 box Golden Grahams
- 1 pkg. ((5-7 oz) slivered almonds)
- 1 pkg. ((7 oz) coconut)
- 3 sticks butter
- 2 cups corn syrup
- 2 cups sugar
- Combine cereals, almonds and coconut in a large (very large) mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In medium-size sauce pan combine the butter, sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil for four minutes
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir until cereal mixture is evenly coated.
- Spread mixture out onto waxed paper and let cool.