That was my first bite and I’m totally in love!!
Those were the words of my Parker after he ate one of these gooey peanut butter cup s’mores cookies! I think that pretty much sums up how we all feel about them. Unless you are able to exercise some amazing self-control, it’s impossible to stop at just one. I ate way too many of these beauties. They are one of those cookies that I could have easily hid from all my boys and just kept them for myself. . .buuut, I didn’t.
These S’more cookies are on my list of favorites so I decided to make another version of them . . . a peanut butter version. Totally smart decision on my part.
These cookies are everything you love about S’mores but with the added yumminess of peanut butter cups and peanut butter. These cookies are the perfect combination of graham crackers with bites of warm, melty chocolate chips, peanut butter cups and gooey marshmallow throughout. It’s s’mores heaven I tell ya.
One more thing, if cookie dough can be considered beautiful, then this dough is on that list. Maybe it’s all the tiny marshmallows studded throughout the dough. . . whatever it is, this cookie dough is just one good looking dough (not to mention it tastes as good as it looks)!
You’ve really got to make these, they are truly amazing. I’d love to hear back from you if you give them a try.Print
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs ((6 – 7 full graham cracker sheets))
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips ((I used Guittatrd))
- 1 cup Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1 cup mini Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugars and peanut butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a food processor or blender to crush 7 graham cracker sheets into 3/4 cup fine crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together. Add in the chocolate chips and marshmallows, mix on low until incorporated. Add peanut butter cups and hand stir or put mix on low just until peanut butter cups are mixed in.
- Using a cookie scoop, place dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Press down slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
I linked up at Buns in My Oven.