This Green Chili Turkey & White Bean Filling is so, so good and can be used for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos, salads or whatever else your little heart desires.
I’m super late getting this post up, but I wanted to share one last post before I take a break for the holidays. There are plenty of menu plans and yummy recipes in my archives so if you need ideas just go there.
Now let’s talk about this amazing Green Chili Turkey & White Bean Filling.
You guys, I really can’t even put it into words how delicious this stuff is. I’ve made it three times in the last two weeks and there have been no complaints from my boys. It comes from the cookbook Seriously Delish and is actually an enchilada recipe in the cookbook. But after making it into enchiladas the first time, and having some of the meat mixture leftover after filling all my tortillas, some of us sat there eating the meat mixture with a fork. It was then I decided it would be absolutely delicious used for tacos, burritos, nachos, salads, or even just on it’s own. I could eat the whole of it, seriously I could.
The flavor is incredible and it’s super healthy for you. It’s packed with protein and fiber which makes it filling and so satisfying.
My picky eaters didn’t even pick out the peppers you guys. . . now that is huge! That should tell you how fabulous this stuff is. It’s got a bit of a smoky flavor from the smoked paprika (pleeeease don’t use regular paprika!) and depending on if you use mild or medium enchilada sauce, it can have just a hint of a kick to it.
This is so simple to make and has tasted so good to us after being on sugar overload.
If you use this meat filling to make enchiladas, just fill and your tortilla shells, place them in a 9×13 pan with a little bit of enchilada sauce spread on the bottom then cover them with more enchilada sauce and top with some grated cheese. Bake them for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
You need to make these ASAP. . . I promise you you’re going to love this!Print
Green Chili Turkey and White Bean Filling
- Total Time: 25 minutes
This Green Chili Turkey & White Bean Filling is so, so good and can be used for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos, salads or whatever else your little heart desires. ♡
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 of a green pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a red pepper, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, both peppers and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and green chilies and stir for another minute.
- Push the veggies to the side of the skillet and add the ground turkey. Cook until turkey is browned 5 to 6 minutes, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon as it’s cooking.
- Add the cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and water to the skillet, stir well combining the turkey and pepper mixture together. Reduce heat to low and add white beans, enchilada sauce and grated cheese. Let simmer for 5 minutes then serve in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, salads, etc.
- I love to use Trader Joes enchilada sauce because it comes in a bottle and so I can just put the lid back on and stick the remaining sauce in the fridge to use later.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Seriously Delish Cookbook
LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW IF YOU GIVE THIS A TRY! I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK. SHARE IT ON INSTAGRAM USING THE HASHTAG #5BOYSBAKER SO I CAN SEE WHAT YOU’RE MAKING IN YOUR KITCHEN.
Leave a Reply