This Green Chili Turkey & White Bean Filling is so, so good and can be used for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, nachos, salads or whatever else your little heart desires. ♡
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 of a green pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a red pepper, diced
- Pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, both peppers and a pinch of salt. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and green chilies and stir for another minute.
- Push the veggies to the side of the skillet and add the ground turkey. Cook until turkey is browned 5 to 6 minutes, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon as it’s cooking.
- Add the cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and water to the skillet, stir well combining the turkey and pepper mixture together. Reduce heat to low and add white beans, enchilada sauce and grated cheese. Let simmer for 5 minutes then serve in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, salads, etc.
- I love to use Trader Joes enchilada sauce because it comes in a bottle and so I can just put the lid back on and stick the remaining sauce in the fridge to use later.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes