This Grilled Turkey & Swiss Sandwich is piled with turkey, Swiss cheese and fresh tomatoes, and a fabulous sandwich spread. It’s a simple, delicious dinner!
Do you ever get a hankering for just a good old sandwich? If you do, this Grilled Turkey & Swiss Sandwich is going to become a favorite!
Sometimes that’s all I want for dinner . . .just a simple, delicious sandwich.
Growing up one of my favorite, simple meals my mom would make was grilled cheese and tomato soup. I still love it to this day, in fact I love any kind of grilled cheese sandwich. I’ve had this Grilled Turkey & Swiss Sandwich bookmarked forever and I finally got around to making it. It completely exceeded my expectations. I loved it, my boys loved it, my husband loved it . . .we all loved it so much that I found myself making again two nights later.
You’ve got sliced turkey, melted Swiss cheese, fresh tomato and a really, really yummy creamy sauce, it’s unbelievably delicious!
I love meals like this that take no time at all, don’t you? Go make these, I promise you will be so glad you did!
One more thing, life is a little busy right now so I will be taking a few weeks off from blogging but I will be back soon. Maybe no one will even notice, but in case you do, I shall return, I promise.
Recipe Source: Jamie Cooks It UpPrint
- 1 loaf french bread, cut into slices
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds thinly sliced turkey
- 1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 to 3 tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- softened butter
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste, if desired
- Cut French bread into thick slices (about 1/2-3/4″ thick).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayo, mustard, onion and thyme. Mix well and set aside.
- Turn your griddle to about medium heat. Take one slice of bread and spread some of the sauce (be generous). Next layer some cheese, then a couple slices of tomato, sprinkle some salt & pepper and then a nice thick layer of sliced turkey and top it off with slice of cheese. Spread some more sauce on another slice of cheese and place it sauce side down on top of the cheese.
- Butter both sides of the sandwich and cook each side until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Remove from griddle and slice and serve.
- Category: Sandwiches/Burger/Wraps