- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Mirin see note
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup matchstick cut or shredded carrots
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Hoisin sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- In a small bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain any grease.
- To the skillet, add the green onions, bell pepper, and carrots. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce and cook for another 3 minutes, just until the sauce thickens up. thicken up a bit and the veggies will become tender-crisp).
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve over rice and drizzle/sprinkle with desired garnishes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins