♡The most delicious ham fried rice! It’s just as good as take out and a fraction of the cost.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas & carrots
- 1 cup diced ham
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (plus more to taste if needed)
- 5 cups cold, cooked rice
- 2 to 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the sesame oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs to and gently stir with a wooden spoon or spatula just until cooked. Transfer to a plate or bowl and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of the sesame oil to the pan. Add peas, carrots and ham and saute for several minutes. Remove to the plate or bowl with the eggs.
- Add the final tablespoon of the sesame oil to the pan over medium high heat. Add the rice and cook until it’s sizzling and heated through. Add the soy sauce and toss until combined. Return eggs, veggies and ham to the pan, add the green onions and gently stir until combined.
- Add some more soy sauce, to taste, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Regular or toasted sesame oil will work, but I always prefer toasted.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins