This Hearty Beef Penne is a great recipe, even for picky eaters! It is easy to throw together and everyone will love it!
- 1 3/4 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato puree
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic, cook one minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomato puree, broth, Italian seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add spinach, cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I didn’t have a can of tomato puree in my pantry, so I just took a can of diced tomatoes and threw them in my BlendTec. It worked great!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Pasta