- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup yellow or white cake mix, sifted
- 1½ cups whole milk (can use half-n-half)
- 1½ tablespoons vanilla
- Sprinkles for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the cream, sugar, cake mix, milk and vanilla. Whisk together until sugar and cake mix are dissolved.
- Put in refrigerator for at least an hour to chill.
- Pour into canister of ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Garnish with sprinkles before serving, if desired.
This recipe makes enough for my 2-quart Cuisinart ice cream maker. It can easily be doubled if you have a 4 or 6-quart ice cream freezer. You can try adding the sprinkles during the freezing process, I just didn’t want to take the chance of the color bleeding into the ice cream, so I just sprinkled some on top before serving.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Desserts