This Homemade Chocolate Sauce is smooth, decadent and so, so delicious. It’s been a family favorite longer than I can remember.
My family has been enjoying (and by enjoying I mean devouring) this Homemade Chocolate Sauce for years. My mom got this recipe years and years ago and it’s become the chocolate sauce of choice by my family. It even made its way into our first family cookbook.
This chocolate sauce has been the finale to many of our family dinners. I’m not going to lie, we have been known to stand at the counter with spoons in hand, eating this right out of the pan. Who even needs ice cream and brownies?! You’d think we were a bunch of savages. When we do manage to pull ourselves away from the pan, our brownies and ice cream are swimming in chocolate sauce.
I can’t believe I’ve never shared this recipe. Shame. On. Me.
Insanely delicious, decadent, smooth, velvety and so divine would be the perfect way to describe this chocolate sauce. On top of being utterly amazing, it’s so simple and quick to make. It’s done from start to finish in about 12 minutes, give or take a few.
I use this chocolate sauce for my mint oreo ice cream dessert (talk about delicious!). We love it drenched over brownies and peppermint ice cream. . . seriously yum! And another favorite of ours is a warm chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and then this chocolaty goodness poured on top. My mouth is watering while I’m typing this.
One more thing, if you’re looking for a good idea for neighbor gifts this Christmas, a little jar of this with a bow wrapped around it would make you BFFs with your neighbors. I’m just sayin’.
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- In a medium size saucepan, whisk together cocoa, flour, and sugar.
- Add butter and evaporated milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil and continue to cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving over ice cream or whatever you like.
- Store in refrigerator. You can use it cold right out of the fridge or just dish out the amount you want and warm up in the microwave before using
- Category: Desserts
I linked up at: Buns In My Oven