Fresh Raspberry Homemade Ice Cream is the epitome of summer desserts. Creamy, homemade ice cream with fresh raspberries . . .does it get any better? Fresh raspberries are definitely one of the very best things about summer. Raspberries are the perfect berry if you ask me. I am completely in love with them. I can’t even wrap my head around how my son Braydon doesn’t like them, or how anyone for that matter doesn’t like them.
This ice cream is so simple to make. No crazy ingredients, just cream, sugar, milk and fresh raspberries. I could eat this every. single. day. I made it the other day and warned my husband and boys not to touch it because I hadn’t taken any photos yet. I’m pretty sure I was testing my husband’s patience.
Smooth, creamy, not to sweet, completely refreshing . . .this stuff is so good. Definitely one of my favorite summertime desserts. This would be perfect for your 4th of July BBQ!Print
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk ((can use half-n-half))
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- In a medium size bowl, add raspberries and the 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir and slightly smash a little and then set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream, milk, 1 1/4 cups sugar and vanilla. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Take raspberries and slightly mash with a fork. Add to milk mixture. Put in fridge for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Pour into canister of ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
I use my 2-quart Cuisinart ice cream maker for this recipe. You can easily double this if you’re making it in a 4 or 6-quart ice cream freezer. Also, if you’re raspberries aren’t super sweet, you may want to add a little more than the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Just give them a taste and see what you think.
- Category: Desserts
Recipe Source: 5 Boys Baker
I linked up at: Buns In My Oven