- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (can use half-n-half)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- In a medium size bowl, add raspberries and the 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir and slightly smash. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream, milk, 1 1/4 cups sugar and vanilla. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add raspberries to milk mixture. Put in fridge for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Pour into canister of ice cream freezer and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions.
- I use my 2-quart Cuisinart ice cream maker for this recipe. You can easily double this if you’re making it in a 4 or 6-quart ice cream freezer.
- If your raspberries aren’t super sweet, you may want to add a little more than the 2 tablespoons of sugar. Just give them a taste and see what you think.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: freezing time depends on your ice cream maker
- Category: Desserts