Homemade Indoor Gourmet S’mores couldn’t be easier or more delicious. With flavors like Raspberry Cookies & Cream, Fluffernutter, and Peanut Butter Oreo, just to name a few, you’re going to want to make these all the time.
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I would be sharing some delicious ideas for homemade indoor s’mores. If I would have realized last Saturday was National S’mores Day, I would have shared these last week, but better late than never right?
We love s’mores, and these Homemade Indoor Gourmet S’mores are currently rocking it at our house. We love making them and love eating them even more.
Gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate sandwiched between crunchy graham crackers . . . s’mores definitely should be eaten year round. The majority of us don’t have a fire pit in our backyards, but we do have ovens. So today I’m sharing a quick and simple way to make the most delicious s’mores right in your oven. It’s easy peasy and you’re going to want to make them all the time.
One of our favorite things about making indoor s’mores is coming up with different flavors. While we absolutely love the classic s’mores, we also love going a little crazy with the flavor combinations.
TIPS FOR MAKING INDOOR S’MORES:
- Make sure your oven is preheated and is nice and hot.
- The marshmallows only take a few minutes to puff up and turn slightly golden brown on top, watch them closely. If you’re going for a deeper golden brown, you can use your broiler, but I like using the oven method best. (My oven is gas and so the broiler is a single flame that runs down the very center of the oven rather than the coil that covers the entire top of the oven. I don’t love using it because I feel like the heat isn’t very equally distributed so only the stuff in the center of the pan gets browned.)
- Don’t put the chocolate on until after the marshmallows have cooked. If chocolate gets too hot it seizes up and won’t melt. Putting the chocolate on top of the already warmed marshmallow and back in the oven for just a few seconds, is plenty of heat to melt the chocolate just perfectly.
- Be creative! You don’t have to just stick with the flavors I’ve listed. Being creative is what makes these indoor s’mores so fun to make.
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE FLAVOR COMBINATIONS. . . .
RASPBERRY NUTELLA COOKIES ‘N’ CREAM S’MORES
Place about three pieces of a Cookies ‘n’ Cream candy bar on top of the warm marshmallow in place of the Hershey bars. Spread raspberry jam and Nutella on the other half of the graham cracker and sandwich together the top and bottom. (If you’ve never tried raspberry jam on s’mores you are definitely missing out . . . holy moly it’s amazing!!!)
Spread peanut butter and marshmallow creme on the empty half of the graham cracker. Sandwich it together with the marshmallow & chocolate half.
CARAMEL NUTELLA S’MORES
Place about four Rolos on top of the warmed marshmallow in place of the Hershey bar. Spread Nutella on empty half of the graham cracker and sandwich them together.
PEANUT BUTTER OREO S’MORES
Spread peanut butter empty on the empty half of the graham cracker and top it with an Oreo. Sandwich it together with the marshmallow & chocolate half.
RASPBERRY NUTELLA S’MORES
Spread Nutella and raspberry jam on the empty half of the graham cracker. Sandwich it together with the marshmallow & chocolate half.
Now you can enjoy them year round in the convenience of your own kitchen. And what’s even better is no smoky campfire smell!
Messy, gooey and absolutely delicious!!
Get creative! The possibilities are endless, the sky is the limit here! With school starting in only a week (at least here), live it up with your kids before they go back and make these tonight and again tomorrow and the next night! Your kids will love you!
- Graham Crackers
- Large Marshmallows
- Hershey Chocolate Bars
- Hershey Cookies & Creme Bars
- Peanut Butter
- Raspberry Jam
- Marshmallow creme
- Peanut Butter Cups
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Lay 1/2 of the graham crackers on a cookie sheet. Top a marshmallow on top of each graham cracker. Bake until marshmallows are puffed and golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn oven off. Top each marshmallow with three pieces of a Hershey Bar and put back in the oven for about 20 seconds (if you're using a peanut butter cup, Rolos or Cookies & Creme Bar, put those on top of the marshmallows in place of or in addition to the Hershey Bar.)
Remove from oven and take top half of a graham cracker and spread with desired toppings.