It’s Wednesday and I’m a little worried.
They say things always come in threes so I’m kind of holding my breath right now. Let me just explain my last two days. . . .
Monday morning I was blow drying my hair and my blow dryer blew up on me completely giving me a heart attack! When I heard the loud noise and saw the flames and sparks coming out, I did what any smart (ok, maybe not so smart) person would do and I chucked it. Thankfully it landed in my sink because even after throwing it, it continued to run while flames were coming out. Just as I was about to pull the plug out of the wall, it finally gave one last “kapow” and then it died. My heart was pounding and small ashes were falling and landing on my just-cleaned bathroom counter and sinks. The worst part about it, I only had half my hair done. Thank you Heather for saving me and lending me your hair dryer!
Tuesday morning our water heater went out, no warning signs, it just went kaput. Taking a cold shower on a snowy, cold morning is not fun!! I don’t think I have ever showered so fast in my life. Thank goodness I didn’t need to wash my hair because if I would have, that would have been brutal. I’m pretty sure I would have just thrown a hat on yesterday.
So it’s now Wednesday and I’m worried about what might go wrong today. Like I said, I’m totally holding my breath.
Ok, now that I’ve shared my sob story with you, let’s move onto something better . . .something like these homemade whatchamacallits. Have you ever eaten the Hershey’s Whatchamacallit candy bar? If you haven’t you’re really missing out. I use to eat them all the time in high school and college. It was one of my favorite candy bars. When we moved into our house 8 years ago, my neighbor brought over a plate of these. I fell in love after one bite and I think I inhaled half the plate. They reminded me of something, but I couldn’t figure out what it was.
When I asked her for the recipe and she brought me over a copy I saw the name of them “Whatchmacallits.” Bingo! That’s what it was . . .they reminded me of my beloved Hershey’s Whatchamacallit. While they don’t have the caramel layer that a true Whatchamacallit it has, they’ve got the peanut butter flavored crispy rice with chocolate swirled throughout. . . .totally yummy.
These rock. I love them. my boys love them and I think you will love them too. If I had to guess, your kids will think you are the coolest mom ever if you make these for them, and you may even be able to use them as a bribe to get them to clean their rooms. Then again, you may just want to hide them all for yourself.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 pkg. ((10 oz) marshmallows (mini or regular))
- 5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 pkg. milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- In a large pot over low heat, cook the butter, peanut butter and marshmallows stirring often until melted. Take off heat and stir in Rice Krispies.
- Spread mixture on a large piece of wax paper and press into a rectangle. (I usually make mine about 15 x 12ish).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate and peanut butter chips for one minute on high, stir and continue cooking in 30 second increments at 50% power until melted and smooth. Spread over Rice Krispie mixture to within 1/4″ of the edges. Roll up jelly roll style beginning with long edge. Wrap in wax paper or plastic warp and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- Slice and enjoy.
Recipe Source: My friend Katie T.