This Grilled Honey-Lemon Chicken is marinated in a simple honey and lemon marinade. It’s absolutely delicious, incredibly juicy and tender.
Woo hoo!! I won my first blue ribbon in a baking contest last night! Too bad it was just at our church’s Relief Society service auction, and not at the county fair. But hey, a blue ribbon is a blue ribbon no matter where you win it right? I won for the best looking dessert. I made my raspberry trifle and every bite of it was devoured. Anyway, I’m totally being a dork by even writing about it, so let’s move onto more important things, like this chicken.
I’ve said it before, but one of my favorite things about summer is grilling. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken, steak . . .I love it all.
I am always on the lookout for new marinades to try so when I saw this Grilled Honey-Lemon Chicken recipe, I couldn’t make it.
We absolutely loved this chicken. The flavor was amazing. It was juicy and tangy with just a hint of sweetness from the honey. We devoured it!
Next time I make this, I will definitely double it and save any extra to throw into a salad or make sandwiches with it.+Print
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- In a small bowl, combine oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic salt, and pepper. Mix with a whisk until combined. Put chicken and lemon slices in a large Ziploc bag and pour marinade over. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 8hours (I actually did mine overnight).
- Grill chicken on outdoor grill or spray a cast iron grill pan with nonstick spray and cook chicken over medium heat until no longer pink, about 12 to `5 minutes. Place chicken in a serving dish, cover with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Category: Main Dishes
Recipe Source: Taste of the South Magazine July/August 2013