These Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos will quickly become a family favorite. Sweet and spicy chicken rolled in a flour tortilla and then baked until crispy. Dinners don’t get much easier.
Taquitos are one of the things I could make weekly and my boys would never get tired of them. I could actually probably make them every night and they’d never complain.
I love how simple they are and I always seem to have the ingredients around to make some version of them.
Our latest favorite is these Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos, which is no surprise because these honey lime chicken enchiladas are some of our most favorite enchiladas ever!l
These are so simple to make and so delicious.We dipped these in homemade Cafe Rio dressing, which I highly recommend. You can find my recipe here.
The chicken does need to marinate for at least 30 minutes, so make sure you plan ahead. I usually get the chicken ready in the morning and let it marinade for several hours. When dinner time rolls around, I just quickly assemble these and throw them in the oven. Super easy!
I shared this recipe over at Life in the Lofthouse for buffalo chicken taquitos make sure you check them out because they are amazing too!
If you’re looking for other similar recipes, try these:
Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 to 14 Taquitos 1x
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I like to use sharp)
- fajita-size flour tortillas (about 12-14)
- Sour cream
- Cafe Rio Dressing
- In a large bowl, stir together the honey, lime juice, chili power and garlic until well mixed. Add the cooked, shredded chicken and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better, I usually let mine marinate at least a couple hours).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Once marinated, add grated cheese to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down one side of the tortilla, about 1-inch from the edge. Tightly roll up tortillas and place seam down on a foil-lined baking sheet, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Lightly spray taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place baking pan in oven and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
Serve with desired toppings.
You really can use any kind of cheese you like. I love them with sharp cheddar cheese. You can mix up cheese flavors and do half cheddar, half Mozzarella, etc., anything you’d like. I think pepper jack would be delicious in these!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Mexican
Delicious dinner loved by my whole family! My teenage daughter commented on how yummy it was after every single bite which added some silly fun at the dinner table. Super easy to make and will be making this again soon, thanks for posting it.
Thanks Ali! So happy to hear these were a hit. Thanks for leaving a comment, I love hearing from my readers.
Kami Tressler says
These are just so yummy! The Cafe Rio dressing takes them to the next level!
Thanks Kami! We love these too! And of course Cafe Rio dressing makes everything even better!