- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken, cooked and shredded (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (I like to use sharp)
- fajita-size flour tortillas (about 12-14)
- Sour cream
- Cafe Rio Dressing
- In a large bowl, stir together the honey, lime juice, chili power and garlic until well mixed. Add the cooked, shredded chicken and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (the longer the better, I usually let mine marinate at least a couple hours).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Once marinated, add grated cheese to the chicken mixture and mix well.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture down one side of the tortilla, about 1-inch from the edge. Tightly roll up tortillas and place seam down on a foil-lined baking sheet, sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Lightly spray taquitos with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Place baking pan in oven and bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and the ends start to get golden brown.
Serve with desired toppings.
You really can use any kind of cheese you like. I love them with sharp cheddar cheese. You can mix up cheese flavors and do half cheddar, half Mozzarella, etc., anything you’d like. I think pepper jack would be delicious in these!
- Category: Main Dishes
- Cuisine: Mexican