I don’t know about you, but for me the Super Bowl is really all about the food and the commercials. I’m really hoping this year’s commercials are better than last year’s because personally, I thought they kinda stunk last year!
We always have our Super Bowl party at my in-laws every year and we always have plenty of food. This year we’re doing a taco bar so this Hot Bean Dip will be the perfect thing to go along with it.
Growing up we spent many Sunday nights around my Grandma’s dining room table. There was always tons of food. No one ever left hungry. That is definitely one of the things I miss most since she passed aways almost five years ago. This Hot Bean Dip comes from our family cookbook and some Sunday nights made its way into our smorgasbord of food.
I’m not a huge fan of a lot green onions in food because I think sometimes their flavor is too over powering, so I replace the green onions with a chopped jalapeno. We love the little bit of kick the jalapeno gives it. My husband and boys thought this stuff was the bomb and shoveled in their mouths as fast as they could.
This is so simple to make and so delicious!Print
- 1 10- oz Frito Bean Dip
- 1 pkg ((8oz) cream cheese, softened)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 pkg. ((1.25 oz) chili seasoning mix (I used McCormick))
- 1/2 cup green onion tops (, chopped OR 1 jalapeno, chopped)
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated colby jack cheese
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine bean dip, cream cheese, sour cream and chili mix. Mix until smooth and then spread into a pie plate or baking dish.
- Top with grated cheeses.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes
- Top with fresh cilantro.
- Serve with Fritos or tortilla chips
Feel free to adjust the amount of onions and/or jalapeno according to your liking. Also if you want even more heat, leave the seeds and membrane in the jalapeno. I think this would also be good with taco seasoning in place of the chili seasoning. I’m going to try that next time so I’ll let you know how it turns out.
- Category: Appetizers/Dips