- 1 container (16 oz) cottage cheese
- 1 container (16 oz) sour cream
- 1 cup bacon, cooked & chopped
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion (I use mostly the green end and very little of the white)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or a little more if you’d like)
- 1/2 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium size bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sour cream, 1 1/2 cups of the grated cheese, 3/4 cup of the bacon, 1 tablespoon of the green onion, pepper, garlic powder and seasoning salt. Mix well and pour into a shallow baking dish. Top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 15 or until cheese is melted and it just begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining green onion and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve with potato wedges, waffle or french fries and/or potato chips.
You can certainly mix this up and eat it cold, which is also delicious, but we love it best after it’s been warmed up.
This definitely gets a little “runny” after baking it, so letting is sit for 5-10 minutes helps.
Also try putting this over a baked potato, it’s delicious!