You’re going to love these Ice Cream Balls! Vanilla Ice Cream rolled in a cinnamony, peanut buttery graham cracker mixture and then topped with chocolate sauce, raspberry jam or caramel. So freaking good!
Our family was introduced to these Ice Cream Balls by my daughter-in-law Katie awhile back. I’m not even sure if she and my son Josh were married yet the first time she brought them, but we knew immediately she was a keeper when she shared these with us.
She’s been eating these since she was about three-years old. It’s her grandma’s recipe and has been a family favorite of theirs for years.
If you’ve had ice cream balls before, I bet you’ve never had any like these. They start with vanilla ice cream and are rolled in a mixture of graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon and peanut butter (YES!!!). I know it might seem like a weird mixture to roll ice cream balls in, but please trust me, it’s fantastic! The hint of cinnamon combined with the peanut butter, is just crazy good!
Once the ice cream balls are rolled in this mixture you freeze them let them firm up a bit. Then when you’re ready to dig in, generously drizzle them with chocolate sauce, raspberry jam, caramel sauce or all of the above! I highly recommend making my homemade chocolate sauce because it’s kind of the bomb and takes these ice cream balls to a level that’s so good you’re going to love or possibly hate me.
A few tips for making ice cream balls:
- Use a good quality ice cream. Even though the ice cream is rolled in a delicious graham cracker mixture that pretty much makes anything taste good, the better your ice cream, the better the ice cream balls will be.
- We love these with the cinnamon graham crackers, but you can make these with regular graham crackers (but why would you?).
- Try using other flavors of ice cream. . . chocolate, cookie dough, cookies & cream, chocolate chip, etc. Whatever you use will be delicious I’m sure.
Making graham cracker crumbs. . .
There are a couple different ways you can crush the graham crackers.
- You can place the graham crackers in a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. Then dump them into a bowl and add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- The other option is to put them in a food processor and pulse them. At that point you can then leave them in the food processor and add the remaining ingredients and pulse them together until they’re combined. Or you can dump them into bowl and mix everything together like mentioned above.
They may look unassuming and boring, but I pinky promise these ice cream balls are going to win you over!
We tease Katie all the time because she is a super, super picky eater (she’s worse than Braydon and Parker😱), but at least she’s smart enough to love these little balls of yumminess. Thanks Katie for introducing us to these beauties♡.Print