This Grape Ice Cream is on of my favorite ice creams from my childhood. Refreshing, delicious and so simple to make. You’re going to love it.
Welcome to Ice Cream Week!
Ice Cream Week — Day 1: Grape Ice Cream
Summer is quickly coming to an end and I have so many yummy ice cream recipes that I haven’t shared yet, so this week I will be sharing a recipe every day. So sit back, relax and get ready for some DeLiciOus, YuMmY, FaNtasTic homemade ice cream recipes.
This first one that I am sharing is out of this world. I know you’re probably saying to yourself: “grape ice cream?!” — don’t deny it, I know you are. I have gotten so many funny reactions and faces over the years when I’ve told people about grape ice cream or made it for a party. But trust me, as soon as they taste it they are hooked.
This recipe has been in our family for years. I loved it as a kid and still love it. It is probably one of my favorite homemade ice creams. I think it’s even safe for me to say that this is probably one of my entire family’s (aunts, uncles, parents, siblings, cousins, etc) favorite ice creams.
It is so refreshing and absolutely delicious! I could go on FOREVER about how good this ice cream is, but you should just make it and see for yourself.Print
- 2 cans (12 oz) frozen grape juice concentrate )
- 3 cups sugar
- juice of 3 lemons
- 1 pint whipping cream (slightly beaten)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 8 cups whole milk
- In medium bowl slightly whisk whipping cream until frothy. Pour into ice cream canister.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- This recipe is for a 6-quart ice cream freezer. If you are using a 4-quart ice cream maker, I suggest halving the recipe.
- You use the frozen grape juice concentrate straight from the can, DON’T make the grape juice with the water according to the directions on the can.
- This ice cream for some reason will not set up using one of the canister ice cream makers (like this Cuisinart). So make sure you use an ice cream maker that requires you to use ice and rock salt.
- Category: Desserts