I am a sucker for anything that has chocolate and peanut butter in it. I honestly can’t think of any combination of flavors that I like better. I’ve been known to go to the store the day after Easter and stock up on the Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs at half-price. I mean seriously, are they not the best?! Anyway, this ice cream is divine. It is rich, creamy and absolutely unbelievable. I think next time I make this, I’m going to throw in some chopped up peanut butter cups — because let’s be honest, you can never have too much chocolate and peanut butter!Print
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ¼ cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ½ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Whisk together half-and-half, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until heated through.
- Remove from heat and whisk in peanut butter. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Chill mixture completely, then churn in your ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
This does not make a large batch. If you are just making it in one of the smaller (1 or 2 quart) ice cream freezers, then it’s just right. I was making it for a family party so I needed more. I tripled it and used my 4 quart ice cream freezer and it still didn’t make a full canister. Next time I will definitely four times it.
- Category: Desserts
Recipe Source: The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz