These No-Bake Indoor S’mores Bars are gooey, chocolaty and crazy delicious. So simple to make, no firepit even required. These will become a family favorite.
Could someone pleeease tell me how it got to be the end of July already? This summer is flying by and I kinda hate it. I feel like we haven’t done anything super exciting with our boys, oh wait, that’s because we haven’t. We’ve lived kind of a boring, non-eventful summer. Trips to the swimming pool and a few visits my parent’s cabin are about the extent of our travels. I know, I know, try not to be too jealous! Actually, what you should be jealous of is the fact that my boys got to enjoy these gooey, delectable No-Bake Indoor S’mores bars the other day. They couldn’t be easier to make and s’mores are just a summer thing don’t you think? They are one of my boy’s favorite things to make at the cabin and since we aren’t always there, and we don’t have a firepit in our backyard, these are a yummy substitute.
I cut this recipe out of a magazine about 22 years ago and tucked it away in an old photo album. The album is filled with recipes that I’ve cut from newspapers, magazines, cereal boxes, etc. I haven’t made these in years and got thinking about them the other day so I pulled out that big old album and made them. I had a blast looking through all the recipes I’ve saved. I bet I’ve only made a handful of what I saved, but one of these days . . . . ;)!
The fact that these s’more bars are no-bake is just an added bonus, especially on those hot summer days when the very last thing you want to do is turn your oven on.Print
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows (, divided)
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (, divided)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 8 cups Golden Grahams Cereal
- In a large pot/dutch oven, melt 5 cups of the marshmallows, corn syrup, butter and 1 cup of the chocolate chips over low heat, stirring frequently. Cook until marshmallows are mostly melted (just a few lumps), remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add Golden Graham cereal and stir until well coated. Stir in the remaining 1 cup of marshmallows and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Press into a buttered 9 x 13 pan. Let set for about an hour before cutting them into bars.
- Category: Brownies & Bars
I linked up at: Buns In My Oven