- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion (white or yellow)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5-oz) can Italian diced tomatoes
- 16 oz dry ziti pasta
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Turn the Instant Pot to the “Saute” setting and add the oil and diced onions. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Add ground beef and continue to cook until the ground beef is browned. Add the, garlic powder, basil oregano, salt, red pepper flakes and pepper and cook for about 30-45 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Pour the beef broth into the pot, making sure you scrape any bits off the bottom of the inner pot. Stir in the tomatoes and dry pasta.
- Secure the lid and make sure the valve is set to sealing position. Select Manual, high pressure and cook for 4 minutes, then quick release the pressure and open the pot. Stir in the cheeses, cover with the lid and let sit for 3-5 minutes or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle fresh basil on top along with extra Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins