- 1 1/2 cups root beer
- 1 boneless pork shoulder/butt roast, 3 to 4 lbs
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic powder
- 1 bottle (18 oz) Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce (or your favorite BBQ sauce)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pkg. coleslaw
- Pour the root beer into your Instant Pot.
- Cut the pork roast into about 4 large pieces and lightly season on all sides with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in your instant pot.
- Lock the lid and select the Meat function and set your timer for 70 minutes.
- Once it’s done cooking, let it do a natural release for 10 to 15 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove the meat from the instant pot and shred. Dump out the juices left in the instant pot before you return the shredded pork to your instant pot. (*see notes)
- Add about 2/3 to 3/4 cup BBQ sauce and toss gently until all the meat is covered. *You can use more or less BBQ sauce depending on how “saucy” you want your meat.
- Serve on rolls with an extra drizzle of BBQ sauce and a spoonful of coleslaw (optional, but definitely makes them amazing!)
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, sugar and vinegar, whisk until smooth.
- Put coleslaw into a large bowl and pour dressing over. Toss until well combined. Refrigerate about 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- You can save the juices if you want and add some back into your meat to moisten it, but I very rarely do.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 70 mins