- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 can (10 oz) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (14 oz) fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (14 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced green chiles 4-ounce
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Diced avocado
- Tortilla chips or strips
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Put all of the ingredients up to the oregano into your instant pot and stir to combine. (Salt & pepper go in after it’s cooked)
- Lock on the lid, and use the manual settings (high pressure) and set the time for 25 minutes.
- Let it do a natural release for 10-15 minutes then do a quick release to release the remaining pressure. Remove the lid and transfer the chicken to a plate to shred then return it to the pot. Stir to combine everything season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with the toppings of your choice.
To make this in your slow cooker, cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 5 to 6 hours or until the chicken is done and shreds easily.
I like use the Fire Roasted Salsa Style Diced Tomatoes from Walmart, it’s the Great Value brand, but you really could use any brand and flavor of fire roasted tomatoes.
I use mild enchilada sauce, but if you want more kick, use a medium.
- Category: Soups/Chili