This Instant Pot Chili is hearty and so comforting! A blend of beef, beans, tomatoes and spices, all simmered together in your Instant Pot for the most delicious chili ever! ♡
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can chili ready tomatoes (not Ro-tel)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté function and add oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add tomato paste and stir until combined. Add ground beef and cook, breaking meat up with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 7 minutes. Drain fat, if necessary.
- Return insert to Instant Pot and add the beef broth, beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin, oregano and cayenne, salt and pepper. Lock lid and set to pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick release, then remove lid. Serve with desired toppings.
- “Chili ready” tomatoes are different from Ro-tel tomatoes so make sure you use the right kind. I use the walmart brand, but Hunts and Del Monte also have canned chili ready tomatoes. They will either say “chili ready” or “chili style” on the can.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins + plus time to come to pressure
- Category: Soups/Chili