This Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta is absolutely fantastic! So simple to make and is done from start to finish in about 20 minutes. Your whole family will love it!
I love when my family or friends send recipes my way that they have tried and loved! So a huge shoutout to my cute cousin Alicia who steered me in the direction of this delicious Instant Pot Creamy Tomato Pasta.
This pasta is pretty much a game changer if you need dinner ASAP. It’s done start to finish in about 20 minutes. It’s ridiculously easy throw together and will make weeknight dinners a breeze!
Funny story about this pasta . . . when I made this the other night my son and daughter-in-law stopped for a minute. They both tasted this pasta and absolutely loved it and decided right then they were making it the next night for dinner. Fast forward to the next night and I get a text from Kaylee . . . here’s our texting conversation (Kaylee’s texts are in black, mine are in blue):
So moral of the story is, always make sure you have all the ingredients before you make something.😂
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CREAMY TOMATO PASTA:
- Add the noodles to your instant pot.
- Next pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream. Press any noodles into the liquid that might not be covered.
- Add the pasta sauce, garlic powder, salt, dried basil, and red pepper flakes. DON’T STIR!
- Put the lid on and cook on manual/high pressure for five minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, do a quick release and stir the pasta. Let it sit for several more minutes, stirring occasionally for the noodles to absorb some of the extra sauce.
- Serve immediately.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS PASTA:
- Make sure you follow the directions as written, including placing the ingredients into your Instant Pot in the order they’re listed. This will help ensure the noodles don’t stick and that the cream and pasta don’t burn. It’s also important not to stir.
- I have made this with mini penne and regular size penne and definitely prefer the regular size. The mini penne didn’t seem to soak up the sauce well enough.
- Yes, you can use gluten free noodles for this recipe and it should turn out great.
- Use a good quality, good tasting pasta/marinara sauce. I love the Victoria brand marinara sauce from Costco.
Serve it with a green salad and some good bread and you’ve got a stellar meal!
- 8 Ounces penne pasta (or rotini or ziti will work)
- 1 1/4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/4 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup Red pasta or Marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Shredded or grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh basil
- Place the pasta noodles into the liner of the Instant Pot. Pour the chicken broth and heavy cream over the noodles. Press the noodles down so they’re mostly covered by liquid.
- Next pour in the pasta sauce and top it with the garlic powder, onion powder, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes. Don’t stir!
- Close the lid, and cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. After the time is up, do a quick release.
- Stir the noodles and sauce and let sit for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring every so often so pasta can absorb the sauce.
- Season with more salt it needed and top with your favorite cheese and fresh basil.
- Category: Pasta
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Berly’s Kitchen