This Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff has all the classic flavors and deliciousness of stovetop beef stroganoff. It’s incredibly simple to make and done in under 30 minutes. Your family is going to love it!
Beef Stroganoff might be one of my favorite childhood meals. Thankfully my love for it also rubbed off on my boys. Well, except for Parker, he likes the meat mixture, just doesn’t like plain rice which is what I typically serve it over. I’ve just learned to ignore Parker when he complains and know that it will be a slam dunk dinner with everyone but him. There is just something comforting about stroganoff and it always hits the spot.
This Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff is adapted from the classic stove-top recipe that I grew up with. I know so many stroganoff recipes call for some kind of steak, but my mom always made it with ground beef and so have I. I always have ground beef in my freezer, so I know I can make this last minute when my dinner brain is at a loss for ideas.
Let’s quickly talk the can of cream of mushroom in this recipe. I know so many people are haters of canned soups, but I’m not and love the convenience of them (please don’t hate me). I tried this recipe without the cream of mushroom soup, and it was still good, but we all think it’s better with the soup added in. You can certainly make your own soup (just google a recipe) or you can do what I do and use store bought, I won’t judge you at all. You do you and I’ll do me😉.
How to make instant pot ground beef strogranoff:
- Sauté the ground beef. Turn Instant Pot to sauté and spray bottom of the pot with cooking spray. Add the ground beef and brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks, season it with salt and pepper. Remove any excess grease.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté four about 1 minute.
- Add flour, cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and noodles. Give it a good stir to combine.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes. Do a natural release for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Can I had mushrooms?
Yes of course you absolutely can. I know most stroganoff recipes call for mushrooms, but we are just not a household that loves mushrooms. If you want to add them, use about 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms and add them in with the onion and garlic.
Tips for storing and reheating:
- Storing: Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: Reheat in the microwave (I do 50% power) or on the stovetop (on low) with a splash of water, milk, or broth to moisten things back up and keep it from drying out.
This is one of the easiest meals ever and is sure to be a winner with everyone! Stroganoff is definitely a family-friendly, total comfort food kind of meal. Enjoy!Print
- 1 pound ground beef, I use extra lean
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté and spray the bottom of the pot with cooking spray then add the ground beef. Brown the meat, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks, sprinkle in the salt and pepper. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the onion and garlic and continue cooking for a a couple minutes.
- Add the flour, cream of mushroom soup, beef broth, and noodles and stir to combine.
- Secure instant pot lid, and turn valve to sealed position. Cook on manual setting, high pressure for 3 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, let it do a natural release for 8 to 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure by turning the knob.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir the mixture. Add the sour cream and mix in gently. Season with salt and pepper if needed and top with fresh parsley.