These Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are a simple, quick and delicious side dish for any weeknight dinner! They are crazy delicious and taste amazing!
- 2 1/2 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more, to taste)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Black pepper to taste (freshly ground if you have it)
- Scrub the potatoes and cut into 1-inch to 2-inch cubes. Put the potatoes in the Instant Pot. Sprinkle the salt over the potatoes and pour in the chicken broth.
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to sealing, and set to manual, high pressure for 8 minutes. When the potatoes are done do a quick release.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine garlic, half & half and butter in a glass measuring cup. Heat in microwave for about 60-75 seconds.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving any cooking liquid (there won’t be a lot of liquid left). Pour the warmed half & half mixture over the potatoes (still in the IP). Use a a potato masher to break up to desired consistency (I like to leave a few small chunks in mine). If more liquid is needed, add the reserved cooking liquid.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste. Serve immediately or keep on warm setting until ready to serve.
I prefer to leave the skin on the potatoes, but feel free to peel them.