- 1 pork butt roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup water
- Finely chopped onion
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- Cut the pork roast into 3 or 4 chunks. Generously season with salt.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot and place pork roast pieces on top.
- Secure lid and select “Manual” and cook on high pressure for 50 minutes. When cooking time is up, let the Instant Pot do a natural release for 15 minutes, then you can do a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Transfer pork pieces to a cookie sheet (or plate) and shred, removing any fat.
- Heat a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Once pan is hot, put desired amount of pork into the skillet to crisp it up. (Don’t overload your skillet, I usually do it in batches).
- You can drizzle some of the juices from the Instant Pot over the pork if you want.
- Serve on corn tortillas and top with onions, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.
You can certainly cook a bigger pork roast if you want and freeze any leftover meat or you can use it for pulled pork sandwiches. Just don’t crisp up the extra meat and then pour your BBQ sauce over it. Such another simple meal to make.
If you don’t have an instant pot, you can cook this in your slow cooker on high for 7-8 hours or until the meat easily shreds. You’lI need to use mor water, probably about 2 cups.