Jack’s Million Dollar Bars are out of this world! A peanut buttery oatmeal cookie base topped with the most delicious ganache-like topping that’s made with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Seriously amazing!
Oh my goodness these bars! Not sure there really are even any words to describe how delicious they are.
Oatmeal. Peanut butter. Chocolate chips. Butterscotch chips. Salted Peanuts.
All of those ingredients combined into one bar equals out of this world deliciousness. Seriously.
The story behind these bars is that a group of teens and their parents put on a super garage sale under a big tent in the middle of the block to raise money for the Twin Cities Youth Rowing team. At that garage sale, a 16-year old sophomore named Jack had made these bars and was selling them for 75 cents.
One woman who had stopped at that garage sale bought one of Jack’s bars and after one bite she knew she had to get the recipe. Thankfully, Jack was kind enough to share.
These bars are spectacular. The names fits them perfectly because they really are rich (lol). But they’re so good you’ll find yourself wanting to eat another one. Just keep a cold glass of milk near by.
Lineup of ingredients:
- old fashioned oats
- light corn syrup
- brown sugar
- peanut butter
- butterscotch chips
- semisweet chocolate chips
- salted, dry-roasted peanuts
Tips for making Jack’s Million Dollar Bars:
- Don’t forget to spray the pan. The cookie base for these bars is slightly sticky so it’s extremely important that you spray the pan. You could also line it with parchment paper if you’d like.
- Allow time to cool. Once the cookie base bakes, it has to cool for about 30 minutes so make sure you plan accordingly.
- Topping needs to set. Once you spread the melted chocolate chips over the cookie base, these bars need to chill for at least an hour in the fridge so the chocolate layer can set up. So again, make sure you allow enough time when making these.
These really are insanely good.
Thank you Jack, you are a rockstar!Print
Recipe Source: Twincities.com