- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package (11 ounces) butterscotch chips
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, see note
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups salted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Measure oats into large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, peanut butter and vanilla. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring frequently. Pour mixture over oatmeal and mix until combined.
- Press oatmeal mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly brown on the edges. Cool for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine butterscotch chips, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Cook over low heat until melted. Stir in peanuts. Spread evenly over base. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until firm enough to cut into squares.
- One package of chocolate chips has about 2 cups in it. For this recipe I like to mix both milk and semisweet for the topping. I use about 1 1/3 cups milk and 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Feel free to use all semisweet or a combination of both milk and semisweet. These bars are fairly sweet, so I wouldn’t suggest using all milk chocolate.