Tortilla scoops are filled with cream cheese, jalapeño, bacon, and two kinds of cheeses . . . these Jalapeño Popper Bites are going to be a hit anywhere you take them.
My darling friend Pat (aka Teacher Pat — world’s best preschool teacher) made them. We all left her house with the recipe, along with the recipe of two others things she’d made that night. She is a great cook/baker and always finds the best recipes.
I love having friends who share recipes, they’re the best kind of friends to have. I’ve actually been told “no” from people when I’ve asked for their recipe and I just don’t get it. Why would you not want to share something so yummy? It truly baffles me, but to each his own I guess.Anyway, I whipped up a batch of these little poppers over the weekend and my boys and hubby absolutely loved them. They’re seriously so good you guys and are the perfect appetizer to take along to any party, BBQ, potluck, etc.
Where can I find tortilla “scoops” chips?
- Tostitos brand has the “scoops” chips and Walmart also has their version of them. For these pictures I had used the Walmart brand, but the Tostitos brand is easier to fill. They are more of a “bowl shape” that’s open and easier to scoop the cream cheese filling into. The Walmart brand chips are almost more star-shaped and seem a little more closed off. They taste great, but Tostitos brand are easier to use for these.
A few tips for making Jalapeño Popper Bites:
- The recipe calls for 2 jalapeños, so these popper bites do have some kick, but it’s not too intense. If you want a little less heat, then cut back on the jalapeño. On the flip side, if you want more heat, leave the seeds and membranes in and/or add another jalapeño.
- You can make the filling ahead of time and then fill the tortilla chips right before baking them. Keep it stored in a covered container in the fridge.
- These are best eaten right after baking them so only bake how many you know you’ll eat/need. Like mentioned above, just store the leftover filling in the fridge and bake up some when needed.
Let me know if you give these a try and make sure you follow me on Instagram. Not only do I post recent recipes, but I also post recipes from my archives that you might not even know existed.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced (use more or less depending on how spicy you want these)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Tortilla scoops chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners.
In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, green onions, jalapeños, bacon, pepper jack and sharp cheddar cheese (I use my hand mixer.)
Line baking sheets with Tostitos scoops and fill with a spoonful of the cream cheese mixture. Top with extra crumbled bacon and cheese if you'd like.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until filling is bubbly and cheese is melted.
Recipe Source: My friend Pat (not sure where she got the recipe from)