- 1 1/4 cup graham crackers crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cans (14 oz each) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup toasted shredded coconut (optional)
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with aluminum foil. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter in a medium bowl and mix well. Press graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake crust at 325°F for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, sour cream and egg yolk. Mix until well combined. Pour filling into pan with cooled crust.
- Bake in a shallow water bath at 325°F for 40 minutes.
- Remove from water bath and let cool for about an hour then cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an 2 -3 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, pull foil out of dish and carefully fold it down, releasing the bars.
- In a small bowl, whip the cream, sugar and vanilla until it forms stiff peaks.
- Top bars with whipped cream and sprinkle with shredded coconut (if desired).
- Key limes are not always easy to find, they’re small and are kind of a pain to juice, so I just use regular limes in thees bars.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Brownies & Bars
- Cuisine: American