It’s Monday again and I’m actually ok with that.
Usually I hate it when the week-end is over, but not today, I couldn’t be happier or more relieved.
You see, I had to make 500 mini cupcakes for a wedding this past weekend and it was exhausting. I am a little sad though, because all that hard work and I didn’t even think to take a picture of any of them . . . all that time and effort and nothing to show for it —duh, what was I thinking.
Today’s recipe is NOT a cupcake recipe because frankly, I am a little sick of cupcakes right now so instead I’ll share this yummy key lime pie recipe with you. I absolutely love key lime pie. It is so simple to make and always tastes so refreshing. This is a great recipe, it’s smooth, creamy, a little tart and not too sweet. It’s absolutely delicious!Print
- 1 can ((14-oz) sweetened condensed milk)
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust (store bought or homemade)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the condensed milk, egg yolks and lime juice, blend well. Pour into the graham cracker crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before refrigerating. Refrigerate several hours or overnight if possible.
- Just before serving, beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form. Place a dollop of whipped cream on each slice.
Recipe Source: Cooking in the South Cookbook