I’m late in getting this post ready, so I’m just going to cut to the chase today . . .
We love quesadillas at our house. They are quick and easy to make and the options are endless.
These kickin’ BBQ chicken quesadillas were a smashing hit the other night. Ooey, gooey, cheesy and delicious. Life doesn’t get much better.
Hope you enjoy them.
Kickin’ BBQ Chicken Quesadillas
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- 3 cups chopped/shredded chicken breast ((I used a rotisserie))
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce ((I use Sweet Baby Rays))
- 1 Tbsp. diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas ((8-inch size))
- In a medium bowl combine the chicken, BBQ sauce, red onion, red pepper flakes and cilantro.
- Spray one side of a tortilla and place sprayed side down in a nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Evenly spread about a cup of the chicken mixture over the tortilla. Top with some of the grated cheese. Place another tortilla on top and place a lid the pan. Cook until tortilla is gold brown on the bottom side. Spray the top of the tortilla and then flip, cook until golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from pan and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Chicken/Poultry
Recipe Source: Adapted from Cooking Light April 2014
These are a GREAT fast, weeknight meal! Love all your recipes!!