These Lemon Brownies are refreshing, slightly dense, soft, sweet and just a bit tangy. They are utter perfection if you are a lemon lover!
Summer is definitely here! It’s hot, windy and extremely dry outside which absolutely warrants something delicious and refreshing. Now these Lemon Brownies may not look like much, but I promise you they are absolutely ah-mazing!
Lemon Brownies? What? . . .
Yep, you heard me, Lemon Brownies (or Lemonies is what some call them). I’m telling you right now that you are going to fall head over heels in love with them.
Making these beauties absolutely has to be on your summer bucket list. This is another one of those recipes I bookmarked way back when and I’m just kicking myself it took me this long to make them.I can’t believe I’m even going to say this, but I might (and I said might) just choose one of these lemon brownies over a chocolate brownie . . .can you even believe it?! These have completely stolen my heart. Granted, I am a huge lemon lover, but I think these would even win over any non-lemon lovers out there.These lemon brownies are soft, slightly dense, slightly cakey, sweet, but not too sweet and kind of just melt in your mouth. I ate an entire row (and then some) because I just couldn’t stop. Every bite is pure bliss. Now the glaze, um it’s the icing on the cake (no pun intended). You have to make these!Print
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (you want it almost/partially melted then cooled slightly)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2–3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square pan and set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and zest together using a wire whisk. Add softened/melted butter, lemon juice, eggs and stir until completely combined.
- Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- While bars are baking, make the lemon glaze by whisking melted butter powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice (add enough juice to get the desired consistency). Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Pour over cooled bars and spread evenly.
- Category: Brownies & Bars
Recipe Source: Adapted slightly from Bakergirl