On the 2nd Day of Sugar my true love game to me . . . Lemon Cheesecake
If you ask me, cheesecake is a quintessential dessert to finish of any meal.
I love it and I’ve decided that I don’t make it often enough, I’m not sure why. I definitely need to change that.
This lemon cheesecake is one of my all time favorites. Years ago for Christmas, my aunt gave me a springform pan along with three of her favorite cheesecake recipes. This lemon cheesecake happened to be one of them. It turns out perfect every time and I fall in love with it more each time I make it.
It was part of our Thanksgiving dessert table this year, which by the way consisted of 9 different desserts (I know, my family has issues). It was the bomb. The day after Thanksgiving my sister stopped by for another piece and my nephew and niece that were with her decided they needed another piece too.
This cheesecake is creamy, smooth, and decadent. The lemon is so refreshing . . .I really wish you could reach through the screen with a fork and taste this, you would be in cheesecake heaven.
This would be the perfect dessert to finish off that holiday meal. You will love it.Print
This lemon cheesecake is divine, it’s the perfect dessert this holiday season or anytime of the year.
- 2 1/4 cups Nilla wafer or graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp. melted butter
- CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 3 8- oz pkgs. cream cheese (, softened)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon rind
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- LEMON GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Whipped cream for garnish (, optional)
- To make crust: Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom and up the sides of a springform pan. Set aside.
- To make filling: In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese. Add eggs, one at a time. Add the sugar, lemon juice, 1 tsp. of the vanilla and lemon rind. Mix well and pour into pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, 3 Tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla. Mix well.
- Remove cheesecake from oven, carefully pour the sour cream mixture on top and gently spread it evenly on top of cheesecake. Bake another 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave on counter for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until cool, but not completely chilled. Spread lemon glaze on top and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- To make the glaze: Blend all ingredients in a saucepan. Boil 3 mins, stirring constantly. Chill until cool and spread over cheesecake.